The Cohen Bros
Student Loan Toolbox™ is brought to you by the Cohen Bros. No, not those Cohen Bros. (they spell it Coen), but we do have a history of making people sing, dance, and smile when they find out there is a way to help them with their student loans.
Since Josh, the younger of the two, started working with consumers to help them with their student loans in 2008, the Cohen Bros. have been building tools. Initially, the intention was to help Josh with his own practice, but we found they were applicable to all who performed student loan work.
The Student Loan Lawyer
Josh, known as The Student Loan Lawyer, rolled out his workshop in 2011 and, with help from Jeff (developer, DBA and technology guru), the first version of this software in 2014. Initially called Student Loan Triage and Student Loan Self-help, we tried to bring the solution directly to borrowers but found that consumers needed clarification and support to make decisions. The best path was to empower legal and financial professionals. Now, with the workshop in its 12th year, over 500 professionals trained, and the third version of its software specifically developed for legal and financial professionals, Student Loan Toolbox has the most comprehensive set of tools, enabling you to focus on helping clients without the extreme chaos of performing student loan work on your own.
Tools for Legal and Financial Professionals
Combine the features of the software with the Student Loan Law Workshop for Legal professionals and Financial advisors, and you can quickly become the student loan expert in your area. Visit the Student Loan Law Workshop to learn more about the topics addressed by the workshop.
If you have any questions or recommendations, please call us at 802-735-9444 or submit the contact form below.
The Cohen Bros.!
THE Student Loan Lawyer
Joshua Cohen, the Student Loan Lawyer™, has been practicing law since 2008, defending and assisting consumers with student loan issues. As the pre-eminent expert on this topic, Josh has been interviewed on Fox and Bloomberg as well as quoted in multiple news articles.
Additional information on Joshua Cohen can be found below and at TheStudentLoanLawyer.
- B.A. in psychology from Brandeis University 1996
- M.B.A. from the University of Phoenix 2002
- J.D. from Quinnipiac University School of Law 2007
- Connecticut – State and Federal
- Vermont – State and Federal
- Eastern District of New York
- Eastern District of Michigan
- Pro hac:
- Arkansas, California, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Washington DC
- NACA (National Association of Consumer Advocates)
- NACBA (National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys)
- ABA (American Bar Association)
- CBA (Connecticut Bar Association)
- VBA (Vermont Bar Association)
- Consumer Rights Litigation Conference, 2011 and 2016 (sponsored by NCLC)
- NACBA Annual Conference, 2012, 2013, 2015, and 2017
- NACA and NACBA Webinars on Student Loan Law, 2011, 2012, and 2020
- CLE training for Bar Associations and Legal Aid Associations in California, Connecticut, Florida, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Vermont
- Presenter for MyLawCLE, NBI, and ABI regarding Student Loan Issues and Updates
Technology & Operations Guru
Jeffrey Cohen has been assisting businesses with marketing, operations and technology since 2001, focusing on law firms since 2017. Jeff specializes in new product and service launches, addressing operating efficiencies, market capture and profitability.
Jeff is a professional advisor who has spoken at many events and helped hundreds of people be more efficient at conducting their business. He founded a startup accelerator called Start The Startup and advises entrepreneurs in the US, Europe and Asia.
Jeff’s solutions have won awards at ARDA and GNEX, with his being published in several trade magazines and books. He also donates time to assist entrepreneurs with disabilities
Additional information on Jeffrey Cohen can be found below and at
- B.A. in psychology from Northern Vermont University 1990
- M.B.A. from the University of Phoenix 2004